Wednesday, November 12, 2008

TidBits

I took the younger boys out for a stroll near our home. They got some energy out while I tried taking some pictures with our new camera. After our little point and shoot broke it was like there was a hole in my life. I've been taking pictures for so many years almost on a daily basis, I sort of felt lost without one. I played around with the temperature of the picture above, basically made it warmer. I really like how it turned out but am a little disappointed that I still need to use a photo editor as much as I do; it means I have a lot of learning/work cut out for me. Fun though.


We watched Water Horse with the boys. It was a cute kid's movie. The movie that both Chris and I really enjoyed was Ironman. Robert Downey Jr. was great and I liked the storyline. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought I was going to be falling asleep but instead found myself wide awake on the edge of the couch the whole time.

I've been checking out this look a lot lately. Every time I see someone wearing skinny jeans and boots I can't help but stare and then try to figure out when I can go out shopping next. Can I get away with this look is my next thought? I don't have the legs for a skinny jean. The truth is my legs are warped. But, I'm happy to say that I found a pair of lucky brand jeans that aren't as skinny but can still be tucked into a boot. And I'm a very pleased woman right now: so pleased I may even clean the house from top to bottom. Last week L came down with a mild cold that has gone through everyone except for ME. L and A had the sniffles late last week, K and Chris however have been a little more dramatic about their sniffles. They've taken time off from work/school this week. I was hoping I'd have caught it by now so that I'd be good for our trip next week. You would think with all the sneezes I've felt on my skin I'd be sick myself. But no such luck. On my mission I had a companion that got influenza. I was waiting and waiting to catch it and never did. We were inseparable and I was very surprised. A couple years ago K got pink eye that L, A, Chris, and my mom in law got. But I never did. So, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping, just hoping for the same. We got the usual good news from K's teacher at parent/teacher conference. My favorite note is that he gets along well with his classmates.

7 comments:

Supergabesmomma said...

Love the outfit! I have been more of those recently. The other day I wore my boots under some jeans and the hubby said "I like that look better - when you wear them over the jeans you look like you are going fishing!" Wha...?! Guess he just doesn't know good fashion when he sees it!

Love the shots of the kids...you inspire me to play around with colors more.

Chris said...

Great pics babe. Glad you like the camera! Thanks for taking care of me when I was sick, I love it when you baby me :D And of course, your style is always perfect, that's why you get to constantly stop me as I walk out the door for work and make me change my clothes.

Thanks!

iammommahearmeroar said...

You could totally rock the skinny jeans and boots. You're hot!

Great pics! What kind of camera did you buy?

Emily Redd said...

your new pictures look great, you are a fantastic photographer. What kind of camera did you buy? I hope it was Nikon. Just kidding...you know I am a Nikon fan though. I've heard Cannon's are great. You would look amazing in skinny jeans because you have an amazing body. Stop by again soon so we can talk. We didn't get much chatting in the other day!

Jen said...

I love the pictures and I LOVED Ironman too! Wasn't it great! I also loved the Hulk and I haven't seen the Batman movie but I heard it is great. Tim thinks it is great that I love these kind of movies.

CUTRER said...

K and R look alike right know they are both missing there two front teeth!

Ramona said...

I have been trying to find a pair of boots that I love and are comfortable and don't cost an arm and a leg! Glad you found the jeans, now tell what your boots are so I can copy you!