Friday, September 19, 2008

Walmart Trash

Yesterday we went to ShopKo to grab some things we needed. We were in the toy section because K wanted to pick up some cards when L starts pulling out pennies from his pocket. He wanted to know what he could get with them. So he hands some of them to me to count. I was thinking it wouldn't take me more than a minute to count when baby A says "peepee, bafrom." I was in the middle of counting, should I make him wait? So, I told him to wait, otherwise we'd never get out of the store! It was a dilemma. I was so stubborn, I was going to get at least one task done before moving on to the next, when A went all over the floor. All right guys, time to go, I say. I stuff the pennies I wasn't finished counting back into L's pockets.

I was trying to be discreet when I went to the front to ask for paper towels when L belts out, "I can't believe my baby brother peed all over the floor!" If you know L, he's never satisfied telling you once, so he said it several times. Needless to say he got a lecture for that. And I was feeling a little violent.

By the time we got back to the mess, someone had stepped in it. Folks, this is why you shouldn't wear shoes in the house because you never know what you or your kids have stepped in and you may be the victim of some wreckless and stubborn mother and desperate 2 year old.

When we were paying for our products, the boys start unloading their pockets full of pennies. Seriously?! I was so embarrassed. We counted over 300 pennies and I couldn't look anyone in the eyes after that.

Either I need to wear a paperbag over my head when I shop with these funny little boys or we should just stick with Walmart because truly we fit right in!!

By the Way, if you ever want to annoy your sister in law, leave her kids a jug full of thousands of pennies when you move out. Because the second they get it, they will empty it out and her house will forever be oozing pennies out of everywhere--the dryer, the washer, on the floors everywhere, in the bathtub. The kids hands will constantly smell like dirty money and she will have to count hundreds of pennies at the counter while other customers glare at her with hateful eyes and make the back of her head and face burn with fire.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah the joys of potty training and public places. Lisa came into my office this week to get some dental work done. While we were there, Tucker had a #2 accident in his underwear. My staff thought it was hilarious. I was mortified. Gotta love little kids.

the narrator said...

don't blame me. i was just being an awesome uncle. you should have committed them to save their pennies until it was full and then taken to the bank to get counted and start a college savings account for them. that was why i left it.

lucy said...

now why didn't i think of that? You should have left instructions. As I type this I hear pennies clanking. grrrrr. I've already chucked quite a few out! I'm donating what I see to pennies by the inches and purge myself of pennies. who cares about college....when you got purging

Carson Calderwood said...

Sweet! Keep those stories coming so that we don't feel like we are the only ones in that situation.

Ivy & Mae said...

Too funny!

At least you told the store--once I was so horrifed when Matthew stripped and peed in the cart that I just bee-lined it out of the store as quickly as possible.

ang said...

You are cracking me up! My favorite is the part where you were "feeling a little violent." And amen to not wearing your shoes in the house...you really never know...

Jen said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! I can totally feel for you - it is never easy taking them out is it!!

D said...

The bathroom situation with young kids has always been a delimma for me, even when I make them go before we leave the house. Glad you made it out of there alive.

lucy said...

Thanks for the comments guys. Looking back now, I guess it was all really funny but going through it.......not so much.

Supergabesmomma said...

Oh, man! Poor you. That is why I sometimes think potty training is overrated. I say wait until they are 5 and have stronger bladders. Ha, ha. I am just bitter at having to run D to the bathroom three times yesterday at separate sporting events. You still got me beat, though.

Can't wait to read about the run. I hope you are still alive!